Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newlands
Reel Rookie

Roku Stick will not control Element 24"

I have a brand new Roku stick and a brand new Element 24-inch TV.  When we get to the part of setup where the Roku detects the TV model, it just says that it can't find the model.  When I try to enter the model manually, anything I enter when searching the list comes up with a message like "none found".  So my issue has two parts first part is the Roku does not sense the model of the element TV, The second part is that the manual setup where you go and search for a brand seems to not be working as nothing we enter will return a brand name.

The Roku updated itself with the latest software this morning when we plugged it in for the first time.  Could there be some other issue where it's not listing the compatible brands for the remote setup?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Stick will not control Element 24"

Element is not a "major" brand, so it's possible it's not contained in the Roku database. That said, odds are pretty good that the codes for a different brand might work. I did a quick search and it seems that Element TVs are (or at least were at one time) manufactured by Funai, and that many Emerson and Sylvania codes work on Element TVs. So experiment with some alternate brands and see what you come up with. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Newlands
Reel Rookie

Dan, thanks so much for your reply!

It definitely seems like a bug in the Roku stick software... The remote setup works fine after restarting the Roku stick after the system update. The bug seems is that they system update should have triggered a restart...

0 Kudos
Ronmilad

I have the same issue although with a Sony Bravia.  The stick did not recognize it and when I try to type in manually, it does not recognize Sony.  Also does not recognize Samsung or LG when I input those.  I’ve powered everything down and back up.  Also reran software update.   I’m at version 10.5. Any thoughts or do I need to return?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Ronmilad, not displaying any results when you search us a known issue they're supposedly working on. Try restarting your device and check for updates from Settings->System->System update and then try to set up the remote for TV control from Settings->Remotes & devices->Remotes->Enhanced Voice Remote.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos