Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wyatts1231

Re: Roku Express won't go past initial Roku screen

i keep getting a bland screen when putting code in bought it over a week ago cannot call anyone and cannot get nothing but blank screen

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

I would suggest trying a factory reset and go through the setup again.  With the Express connected to it's power source, find the pinhole on the back and use a paperclip or something similar to press and hold the button for no less than 30 seconds ignoring anything happening on the screen.  By the way, if you're not using the supplied power adapter, use it.  If you still can't get through the setup, try another factory reset but this time use your phone as a hotspot if possible and connect to that to get through the setup.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
srl66

Re: Bouncing Logo

My Streaming Stick is also stuck on the "Pair Your Remote" screen. I have tried eveything from unplugging, restarting, 5 second-20 second holds on the remote and stick. My ipad app says "Not Found On Network" when I go to the device titled Living Room, which makes me think the restart process on the Streaming Stick is broken.

Please help, I've tried everything. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Bouncing Logo

@srl66

Thanks for the post.

Have you made sure to remove the batteries in your remote when you restart your device, then placing the batteries back in when you are prompted to pair the remote?

For more troubleshooting information, visit our Support page here: How do I resolve issues with my Roku® voice remote?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bodog108

I am having this same issue. Unfortunately I purchased a 3600x a few years ago now but never set it up till now.  The device will locate available networks and I have correctly entered the wifi password and then it starts to attempt to connect then the screen goes blank and I’m back to picking my preferred language and it starts all over. Is the stick bad? 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Bodog108,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help get you up and running.

Is there a light showing on your device? How are you powering the device? Is it plugged into the TV USB port, or is it plugged into a wall outlet with the provided cables? In addition, have you tried using another HDMI port on your TV as well as trying your device on another TV to see if you are seeing the same issue?

Please let us know and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
keylala713

I have a Roku Express and installed it following the directions. When I get the initial screen it just scrolls to the right. It won’t stop! I tried the rest on the box, I unplugged it and plugged it back in and nothing! I have had those issues before on other Roku and the past methods usually work. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@keylala713

Thanks for the post.

Have you made sure that none of the directional buttons are stuck or lodged in the remote?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mlake

Re: Streaming Stick Plus Stuck on Restart screen

I have a simple remote, and it worked well for a month, now nothing, new batteries, changed hdmi port, source is correct as well, I have done all the trouble shooting and still nothing is working, and of course all the stores are closed so no returning it either!

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Electric_ninja_ 

Same can simply be accomplished from within Roku Settings.

Settings/System/Advanced System Settings/Network Connection Reset/Reset Connection

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos