Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ma15
Reel Rookie

Roku Express sound not working with Sony Digital Audio Video Control Center

I have a Samsung non Smart TV hooked up to a Sony Digital Audio Video Control Center. My HDMI-Cec output with sound for my DVR is working and my tv sound is working but no sound for my Roku Express. I can see the picture but no sound is coming out. I have tried different HDMI Ports and also checked that mute is not on and sound is turned up. Any suggestions?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Express sound not working with Sony Digital Audio Video Control Center

@ma15

Thanks for the post.

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connecting the Roku device directly to your TV to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
ma15
Reel Rookie

I have tried hooking directly to TV through all of the HDMI ports even the one that the DVD player went to as the DVD player sound is working. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@ma15
Thanks for the post.

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connecting the Roku device to another TV to see if you are experiencing the same issue with no sound?

In addition, can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MP11
Reel Rookie

#Re: Roku Express 4K + sound not working with my Sherwood Reciever?

I have the same problem when I hooked up my roku express 4k + Serial X01600VRJ54p to my Sanyo TV and hooked up my rca white and red plugs from from tv to my sherwood rd-7103 reciever-no sound, only from the Sanyo tv, I tried pluging the red and white plugs to various inputs in my Sherwood receiver, to no avail?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: #Re: Roku Express 4K + sound not working with my Sherwood Reciever?

@MP11

Thanks for the post.

Are you able to get sound from the TV when connecting to the Roku Express device? If so, it would appear that the issue would be regarding your connectivity to your AVR.

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos