Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

[SOLVED] Service interruption accessing channels and activating new devices

Jump to solution

Resolved

This issue is now resolved. If you are still experiencing an issue activating or streaming, you will need to fully restart your device by disconnecting from power, waiting a moment, and plugging your device back in. Thank you for your patience while we navigated this service interruption.

Previous update

Roku is aware of an issue reported by users who are unable to access Roku services.

If you are trying to activate your device, please try again later.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please subscribe to this thread using the menu item above to be notified once this is resolved. 

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.
Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: [Service Interruption] Problems accessing new channels and activating new devices

Jump to solution

We believe systems are coming back online now.

Please restart your device if you are having any trouble streaming or activating your Roku device. If a restart doesn't solve the issue, please disconnect your device from power for a moment, then plug it back in, and try again.

Thanks for your patience.

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

View solution in original post

678 REPLIES 678
MarkL3

TV connected to WiFi, but apps say no internet

Jump to solution

Switched ISP today. Everything works fine on every device except 1 RokuTV. Even other Roku devices. 
I went into Advanced system settings and reset connection. Put in WiFi password, rebooted system.

I checked connection and it says:

Strength: excellent 

download speed: Good (230 Mbps)

But when I try to open an app, it says no internet connection. 

I have G222X

software ver: 12.5.5 build 4174-CH

serialnumber: X013000DV7PJ

New Xfinity app can find the tv and says good connection. 

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: TV connected to WiFi, but apps say no internet

Jump to solution

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community, @MarkL3!

We'll be glad to assist you further with this issue that you had with the Roku TV since you can't open the channels or apps even though it was connected through your Wi-Fi. Please try to use your mobile hotspot and see if that will fix the problem that you had. If the Roku TV is working fine on a hotspot, there might be a problem with your wireless network connection; we suggest that you might need to contact your internet service provider for additional help.

If there's anything else that we can do to assist you, please let us know.

Kind regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
Skinner500
Reel Rookie

Only Netflix works, no other apps open

Jump to solution

Internet connection is fine, Netflix works fine, but I cannot open other Apps. I have restarted the Roku. Any ideas?

Re: Only Netflix works, no other apps open

Jump to solution

I don't know the fix but wanted to say that I am having the exact same problem.......maybe community-wide?

Skinner500
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Glad I'm not alone 😁

RIELEY
Reel Rookie

Roku Express set up nightmare

Jump to solution

Hi, so this all started when I tried to watch YouTube. It came up saying not connected to the internet even though my phone and other apps on the TV worked. I restarted the device and my internet for good measure. Nothing. Checked system update, all updated and fine. So I thought, factory reset. That went fine. Then...issues!! Set up my language, internet connection no problem. Asked me to add my email to link my Roku account. Then said I needed to check my email to continue set up. No email received. I then get error messages telling me Roku is unable to find/send me an email. So I now can't set my Roku express up 🤦🏻 I can't tell you how old it is either as I can't access the settings to give any information on the device!! My Hisense Roku tv that I have in my living room works fine but the express in my bedroom has just decided to not want to play anymore!!! Help please before I find my hammer!!

Re: Roku Express set up nightmare

Jump to solution

Setting mine up for the first time and having this issue as well. I guess its a reoccurring problem. I wish they'd let me set it up via computer with a hardware ID or something!

Otter214

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue, odd.  Internet is fine. 
edit: Roku channel app works too, lol. Figures. 

Kokololo87

Jump to solution

I am in the same boat. Only Netflix works properly. Any solutions or insight?