Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jim1978

Roku Express - Vizio TV

I just purchased a brand new Roku Express for my Vizio TV.  After doing the initial "set up" - my TV basically "fried" (the rainbow lines up and down the screen).  Now my TV won't turn on at all.  The TV had been working fine until I plugged in the Roku Express.  Please help!  Thank you.  

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Express - Vizio TV

@Jim1978 

Thanks for the post.

This sounds like a TV hardware issue. We would recommend contacting your TV manufacturer to see what options or suggestions they can provide.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LJT
Reel Rookie

Roku Ultra Killed Vizio TV after installing

I just purchased a Roku Ultra and set it up on my Vizio TV- setup no problem- worked one day. The next day I turned on the TV- black screen, no picture, no sound, can't access controls- TV is DEAD. I followed all of the trouble shooting advice and cannot get my tv to work again. How can they market a product that can kill your TV??

0 Kudos
LJT
Reel Rookie

YEs, It is a software problem that was caused by installing Roku Ultra- it fried my Vizio TV which is no longer under warranty.. 

The Vizio TV has worked fine it is about 4 years old with no problems whatsoever - I really liked it-- until I installed Roku Ultra yesterday and now it is dead.  As I mentioned I followed all protocols for trying to reboot the TV to no avail and I now have to buy a new TV.  This is totally unacceptable.

RTMT

I had the same issue.  I had a Vizio TV that was working fine and within 2 weeks of using a new Roku Express it was fried.  Within 24 hours of the issue, I had problems turning it off and on with the Roku remote.  The about 5 minutes before it fried, I was watching a program and half the screen started getting multi-colored stripes.  I tried rebooting and when it came back on, the stripes were still there and then the whole picture went out and now I can't even start the TV at all.  I have a Roku Ultra on my second Vizio TV, but I will be returning both Roku devices as I don't want to risk frying another TV.

0 Kudos