Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pjean1004

Roku Express GERMAN START UP

Jump to solution

I have read all the past boards about the Roku starting in a foreign language and I have trouble shot all the ideas I read.  In my TV settings all languages are listed as English.  When I hit the home button to start up Roku I believe it goes right to "German"?  When I hit the home button it wont get me anywhere else.  I have unplugged, reset, restarted, unpaired, you name it I have done it!  I don't know German but it obviously looks like they want my email so I entered it then it takes me to a screen with more German but no options.  I am only asking because Roku has absolutely no support help other than a live chat.  Which is basically like talking to my dog!  WTF ... Any advice or just return it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GCook101

Re: Roku Express GERMAN START UP

Jump to solution

Go to main page and scroll down on the left side and find "Einstellungen" hit Ok.

Next menu scroll down to System and hit OK.

Next menu scroll to "Sprache" hit OK.

English should be your first option.  If you hit OK it should make it English

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@pjean1004

Thanks for the post.

Have you already tried factory resetting your Roku device to see if you can setup your Roku device in English?

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: System restart or factory reset your Roku

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kramer3

Jump to solution

I’m having this exact same problem. Have reset, unplugged and tried everything in my limited skills with no way to switch to English. 
Unless I find something here I’m going to send it back to Amazon. I hate to do this but no real option now. 

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Have you tried the German equivalent of settings -> system -> language?  Probably something like: einstellungen -> system -> sprache

GCook101

Jump to solution

Go to main page and scroll down on the left side and find "Einstellungen" hit Ok.

Next menu scroll down to System and hit OK.

Next menu scroll to "Sprache" hit OK.

English should be your first option.  If you hit OK it should make it English

0 Kudos
dveh9700

Jump to solution

This worked!! You have to enter your email first on the German screen then go to your email and register. It will be in English. Once it starts updating on your screen use the steps above. Go to Einstenlugen hitbok etc….

thank you sooo much!!!

0 Kudos