Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carly2
Reel Rookie

Roku Express 4+ will not go past signal unavailable on all HDMI ports on our Visio (older TV).

We have tried unpairing, re-pairing, Switching HDMI ports, resetting TV, and resetting Roku.  

W also tried Unplugging and replugging the Roku, making sure it is close to the Wired/Wireless router. Turing the TV off numerous times to hope it recognizes Roku. We have plugged directly into the wall and the powerstrip and do not have another TV to test it on. We also disconnected our Fire Cube in the event it was interfering with the Roku. We watched all videos related to this issue we can find. We have read this forum on these topics and are still stuck at HDMI 1,2,3,  has no data.

If someone could assist, I would be grateful. 

Roku Express 4K+ Streaming Device with Voice Remote and older Visio TV (5 years).

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Express 4+ will not go past signal unavailable on all HDMI ports on our Visio (older TV).

You didn't mention if you've tried a different HDMI cable.  Without another TV to try it on there's no way to prove it's not just a bad device.  Does the light on the Express come on when you plug in the power?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Carly2
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Express 4+ will not go past signal unavailable on all HDMI ports on our Visio (older TV).

The Roku device blinks blue the whole time we try to use it. The cable was replaced and still does not recognize the Roku. We have tried replacing the batteries but it still says "no HDMI 1,2 or 3 signal." We have tried all three ports.

We tried going into the settings(Visio)  to try to add the app. Visio gives you applications to add but Roku is not one of them. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Can you return it?  If you can't try it on another TV then I don't know what else to suggest.

A few things that have no effect on whether or not you get a picture on your TV are the remote, your Wi-Fi, and any Vizio app.  It's always a good idea to try everything, but those things don't matter.  What's the model number of the TV?  Maybe there's something in its settings that would make a difference.  I assume it's not a 4k TV since it's 5 years old, but the Express 4k+ should still work.

One last thing to try, with the power connected to the Roku press and hold the reset button for no less than 30 seconds.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos