Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wlink66c

Roku 4k streaming stick and auto detect display type issue

This does not work. Roku Streaming Stick 4K stuck on Auto Detect Display Type and will not move off. rebooted router, rebooted Roku, unplugged and plugged Roku back in. Each time it restarts and goes right back to the Auto Detect Display type and will not move off this screen.

Just says "Press OK and Roku will analyze your HDMI connection. During this process, your TV screen may go blank for several seconds." But you cannot select OK. You cannot go backward or forward in the menus. You cannot use the Home button. Basically, locked on this screen?

I guess I will be returning this for a refund.

0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku 4k streaming stick and auto detect display type issue

@wlink66c

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried restarting your Roku device to see if you are able to resolve the issue you are seeing?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

This happened to me with a 1080p Samsung TV. I plugged the Roku into another 4K Samsung TV, then changed the display type to 1080p in the settings, then plugged it into the original TV and it worked! Hope this helps someone.

OJC8

Yes..

Keeps saying I "didn't chose a display setting"

0 Kudos
OJC8

keeps cycling back to same request

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@OJC8

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mattyn

I have a streaming stick 4K+ and have it on auto detect display, but it's stuck on Dolby Vision on every screen and app.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@mattyn

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? Can you provide a screenshot of what you are seeing so we can better understand the issue? Have you tried changing the settings to not auto detect display to see if that helps what you are experiencing?

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
irt

Im experiencing with my Roku stick ... and Roku do not have an answer! 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@irt

Thanks for the post.

Please see my previous post requesting more information about the issue you are experiencing. With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos