Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
noblegroup
Channel Surfer

Replaced Express with Streaming Stick

Jump to solution

TV in the garage was using Roku Express. I upgraded it to Streaming Stick 4K. The upgrade does not show up on my Roku account under installed devices. The old device still shows. I tried uninstalling the old device online in hopes the new device would automatically be detected. Still doesn't show in devices. Streaming Stick options seem to be better is the reason I would like for this change to be made. Thanks for your time.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
noblegroup
Channel Surfer

Re: Replaced Express with Streaming Stick

Jump to solution

Thank you for your time. I did a factory reset on the device, and that fixed the problem.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@noblegroup-

Did you link the new Streaming Stick to your existing Roku account (i.e. using the same email address)?

From the Roku's home page, Settings > System > About will show you the account it is linked to.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
noblegroup
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Apparently when I changed to the Streaming Stick, my wife changed the email address. How can I change the email address to match the other devices in my house?

0 Kudos
noblegroup
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you for your time. I did a factory reset on the device, and that fixed the problem.

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@noblegroup-

Yes, for the benefit of others finding this thread, a Factory Reset is the way to relink to a different Roku account.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos