Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steveindanville
Binge Watcher

Re: No 5.1/Dolby Digital/DTS Output from Roku through HDMI and Onkyo Receiver

What's your status?  I have a 4660 to an Onkyo receiver and the Roku Audio shows all the audio options. I also have a 4802 connected to an Integra receiver and Roku's settings for Audio don't show me any Digital choices like the 4660 does. So, on Netflix and Peacock, on the 4802, everything defaults to "Stereo". I have all Sound options Off, and have restarted it many times.  It's driving me crazy! Why is this?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
jontalk
Roku Guru

Re: No 5.1/Dolby Digital/DTS Output from Roku through HDMI and Onkyo Receiver

How do you have audio settings configured? Best practice is using pass through and automatic format detection. While my Onkyo supports Atmos, I rarely if ever experience it being used. Depending upon the source, most content streams in Dolby Surround though its easy to select other formats with the Onkyo remote. That said, if I choose custom rather than pass through, Atmos appears in the format choices which when you think about it is weird. I've yet to figure out how Roku engineered the audio settings, but it is what it is

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos