Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROKU EXPRESS BLINKING THEN TURNS OFF!!

I am have the same issue! Starts to boot up then in a few seconds the blue light starts flashing and it shuts off! 😤 I have changed the power cord, plugged it into the wall and tv -everything! Continues to do it!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Graphixman

Re: ROKU EXPRESS BLINKING THEN TURNS OFF!!

I’ve been dealing with the same issue with my Roku stick. When I plug it in, it stays on momentarily, then blinks a few blinks and then turns off. I followed this thread, and I changed the power adapters. I changed multiple different power adapters and only one of them made the light stay steady, but nothing worked. I still could not access the menu or anything. Please help!

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @becinangelo and @Graphixman,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We're happy to help.

Have you tried hooking the Roku device to a different HDMI port on the TV? Also, if you happen to have another TV, would you mind hooking up this Roku device just to confirm if the same issue occurs? Lastly, a hard reset may help. Kindly click and hold the reset button on the device until the TV shuts off.

Let us know your findings so we can continue assisting.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Simonshop

Just purchased the 4K streaming stick. Initially worked, then disconnected. Tried recharging it, light will blink a few times then light goes out. Tried multiple different cords, plugs and same thing happens. Previous Roku (older) device was fine, just wanted upgrade. I suspect we need a new stick, but please help. Oh, and restarted it several times and didn’t help.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Simonshop,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We see that you have the same issue and want to learn more about it. Could you tell us how you are powering this device? Is this connected directly to a wall outlet or to a TV USB port? Do you have another TV that you can try and see if that makes a difference?

Let us know more about this so that we can further look into it.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos