Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cutiemema
Reel Rookie

ROKU 1 will not get off logo screen

Hooking up a different TV, and all I can get is the logo and "no signal" do these die after awhile?  Have had this for over 5 years.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: ROKU 1 will not get off logo screen

Can you try it on the original TV?  Getting the logo and "no signal" seems contradictory.  "No signal" usually comes from the TV and indicates it's set to the wrong input/source or the thing connected isn't functioning.  I think there have been more than one "Roku 1"s over the years.  What's the model number written on it somewhere?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Cutiemema wrote:

Hooking up a different TV, and all I can get is the logo and "no signal" do these die after awhile?  Have had this for over 5 years.

The Roku 1 (model 2710) was discontinued in 2016. Yes, Roku devices do die after a while, just like cars, computers, dogs, and people. Five years is actually a pretty good lifetime for a streaming device, particularly an entry-level model such as the Roku 1.

However, I would do my best to try to keep using any streaming device as long as possible. Please clarify the issue, as @renojim indicated, the symptoms you mentioned are contradictory. Give the steps that you are doing, and when each thing happens. "I plugged it in. After about 5 seconds, it began making a musical sound as a bouncing logo appeared on the TV screen. This lasted for about 10 seconds. The screen then went blank." or whatever happened.

Keep in mind that we haven't actually seen the issue, and are dependent on your description of it to understand what's going on before we can offer good assistance.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Cutiemema
Reel Rookie

Original TV is in Massachusetts, but has been connected here in Florida 

Model is 2710x

have tried on multiple televisions with the same results 

0 Kudos