Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ivoryj
Reel Rookie

Philips TV adding channels and search option

I have a Philips 55 inch TV model 55PUL6643F7 and I can only add existing apps and there is absolutely no option to search for new apps , this is very frustrating how can this be fixed ?  

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Philips TV selecting apps

Roku themselves does not restrict channel/app availability. The channel providers can restrict access to their channel in two ways. One would be the country that your Roku user account was created in. The other is determining your current location by your IP address, and not permitting access in unsupported locations. 

There are two ways to add channels to a Roku device. One is on the device itself. On the main Roku screen there are a number of options available, one being labeled "Streaming Store". At least that's the name it has in the US. Any channels that are available for your location and account will be listed there. The other way is using the Roku website channelstore.roku.com. There you can find channels that are available for your location (or at least the location selected at the bottom of the page) and can be linked to your account. Once it's on your account it will self-install on your device at the next update, or you can force an update from the device menu. Just be aware that the web site doesn't know what device you're installing the channel to, and if the channel isn't supported by your device it will not install. Usually that only happens with an older device that won't work with newer channels. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
ivoryj
Reel Rookie

Thanks for your email. No matter where I am there should be the capability to search for channels that option is not at all visible, Could I have a corrupted install of Roku on my Philips TV ? 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Every Roku TV manufacturer (in your case Philips) can tweak the user interface. Why they would disable the channel store, I have no idea. I can't think of a valid business reason for them to do so. But as I mentioned, you should be able to add channels through the web site. The TV can't block that. Corrupted install? Wouldn't seem likely if everything else is working.

Do you have a specific channel in mind you wanted to add? 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ivoryj,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you were trying to add channels on Roku, but unfortunately, it seems that this option is not available on your end. While I agree with what @atc98092  has mentioned, it's also possible that you have created an account that is not supported in a region where we do not directly market or sell Roku devices, including Roku TVs. Currently, Roku is only available in English in Canada, Ireland, the United Kingdom, and the United States, and in Spanish in Mexico and the United States.

For more information, you can visit this Support link: How do I find movies and TV shows using Roku® Search?

We hope this adds up here.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos