Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
frankiepap39
Reel Rookie

OnecloudTV unable to install with developer mode

just started using roku media box 4k and am trying to load an APK ( i have seen posts about you can not and also can) i enabled developer mode, have follwed instructions and it will not load. i have also tried to install a zip application and the same error appears.

application requires a roku player with sd card installed - which i have and it has been formatted

install failure - no manifest - invalid package

i have no idea what else to try with this. the zip file and apk file will not work. any suggestion?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: OnecloudTV unable to install with developer mode

Roku is not Android.  No matter what you've read you cannot load an APK file.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
frankiepap39
Reel Rookie

i have also tried to install a zip file with the same error.

im using a v30 class micro sd card, and it was formatted in the roku box. ive logged into the correct ip address and uploaded the file, when installing with zip it loads then stops with that error. am i missing something? does the box have to be on, and on the home screen, or connected direct to the pc via usb etc. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Is it a zip of an APK file?  It's not going to work.  Roku is its own thing not compatible with anything else.  You can't take some random zip and try to load it.  The fact that you're getting the "no manifest" message tells me you're trying to load something that's not meant for a Roku device.  If there's no manifest in that zip it's not for a Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos