Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kcalabrese
Channel Surfer

ONN Ruku Wireless Subwoofer will not pair.

Jump to solution

I have a TCL Roku TV that currently has a Phillips soundbar connected via HDMI into the HDMI3 port.   I am unable to pair my new Roku Wireless Subwoofer and this TV has a history of pairing issues as the Phillips soundbar isn't recognized and only functions with the cable.  I am unable to select the subwoofer category because there is a message that the Phillips soundbar needs to be disconnected prior to pairing a subwoofer.  I tried it anyway and fails each time with the same error "Unable to pair."  The Phillips soundbar only works when plugged into HDMI3 arc port.  If I switch it to HMMI1, it throws an error that I need to hook it to HDMI3.  Is there anyway to connect this subwoofer to my current configuration or am I going to have to return it? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: ONN Ruku Wireless Subwoofer will not pair.

Jump to solution

Hi, @kcalabrese

Thanks for posting here in the Roku COmmunity.

We appreciate you for inquiring regarding the setup on your audio devices. Your Roku subwoofer is designed to connect with a Roku audio host device such as a Roku Streambar® SE, Roku Streambar, Roku Streambar Pro, Roku Smart Soundbar, or Roku TV™ system. It cannot be connected directly to any other TV or existing sound system.

For more information, you can refer to this support article at How to set up your Roku subwoofer

Keep us posted.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: ONN Ruku Wireless Subwoofer will not pair.

Jump to solution

Hi, @kcalabrese

Thanks for posting here in the Roku COmmunity.

We appreciate you for inquiring regarding the setup on your audio devices. Your Roku subwoofer is designed to connect with a Roku audio host device such as a Roku Streambar® SE, Roku Streambar, Roku Streambar Pro, Roku Smart Soundbar, or Roku TV™ system. It cannot be connected directly to any other TV or existing sound system.

For more information, you can refer to this support article at How to set up your Roku subwoofer

Keep us posted.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos