Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No support for Roku Express 4K+

Jump to solution

Unfortunately Karla, Roku does not support the Roku Express 4K+. This is the first time in my life I have heard of a product that its manufacturer does not support. This is ridiculous and of course completely unacceptable.

Since my Roku Express 4K+ stopped working I have tried several fixes, none of which have worked. My next step would be to buy a replacement but, since this product offers NO SUPPORT I certainly wouldn't buy another one! What I am going to do is cancel my ROKU account, get rid of all the ROKU devices and TCL products I own, tell all my friends what a horrible company ROKU is, flame ROKU on all of my social media accounts, and finally... sign up with a company that supports the products they sell. It must be tricky at best working for ROKU Karla, you would be well served by making a change.

I suggest you replace "Roku Express 4K+" with "my job" in the previous paragraph, cut your losses and move on with me. Thank you, Johnny Mac

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Express 4k+ won't setup

Jump to solution

Hi @1JohnnyMac1,

Thanks for the post. I'm sorry to hear about the experience, that's not what we aim for.

You can contact a support agent directly at http://support.roku.com/contactus. We offer live chat, email, and phone support for your device (this is a change from the past). 

I have passed along your information to our Support team.

They will follow up and assist you.

Warm regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @1JohnnyMac1,

Thanks for the post. I'm sorry to hear about the experience, that's not what we aim for.

You can contact a support agent directly at http://support.roku.com/contactus. We offer live chat, email, and phone support for your device (this is a change from the past). 

I have passed along your information to our Support team.

They will follow up and assist you.

Warm regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
psyclone
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have the same issue. I own three (3) Roku Express 4K+ devices and one of them stopped working and displayed the low power warning. I have it plugged in to the wall and using the Roku "block" and usb cable but STILL get the warning. So I tried to obtain support via the website and it says my devices aren't supported.  I agree with previous person in that HOW IN THE WORLD can a company NOT support a product they sell??? Unreal!!

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@psyclone, it's not that the devices aren't supported; they don't qualify for "agent support" (i.e., communicating with an actual human being, not that Roku agents are very useful anyway).  All Roku products come with a warranty.  My experience with many, many, Roku devices is that the USB power adapters that come with them, and frankly USB power adapters in general, are junk.  Once you start getting that message about all you can do if your device is no longer under warranty is to try another USB power adapter and hope for the best.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
psyclone
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks for or your insights @renojim 

I hadn’t thought about going against the grain and trying a completely different USB block and cable. I swapped out one of the working Roku ones for the non-working one though and that didn’t help so I’m wondering if this would do anything at all. Guess there’s only one way to find out. I’ll give it another shot. 

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Given that the Express 4K+ is a current model, it should still be supported. As for power supplies, if it uses USB, you can use ANY USB power supply that is at least 1A. You can use something rated 2A or more if you want. Power supplies are commodity items, and sometimes they go bad. Even the USB cable is a standard cable, and you can try a different one, or even longer if length is a problem.

0 Kudos
kathyjoe5
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Express 4k+ Support

Jump to solution

Your response says there is support for ROKU Express. When I hit the link referenced, it responds with : there is no support for your device.

0 Kudos