Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No remote with my tv need help to get the Roku remote set to the tv

I just bought a tv on yard sale with no remote an I can't get the tv set up with no remote an I can't figure out how to get into the internet settings to set up the Roku remote app 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No remote with my tv need help to get the Roku remote set to the tv

Sorry, but you must have a remote.  What brand is the TV?  Here's a cheap remote for a TCL Roku TV:
https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Shortcut-50FS3800-32S4610R-32S3850A/dp/B078GBF8RL/

There are probably cheap universal remotes that would work as well.  @Tivoburkee is the expert around here when it comes to remotes.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

That remote @renojim linked to would work on the following Roku tv brands: Tcl, Insignia, jvc, magnavox, westinghouse, philips, element, sanyo, hitachi, haier, and onn. It might work on Hisense or sharp roku tvs but I don't guarantee it.

They even have renewed one at $1.70 cheaper on amazon look for link on that page. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
MilesT
Roku Guru

Any of the oneforall branded remotes that have "learning mode" should work, will have Roku TV codes as options to set up quickly, and well worth it for build quality and ability to control multiple devices in one remote.

Model 7935 is a good option for a simple "clicker" style with Roku support but doesn't have number keypad, for quick entry of channel numbers in live TV "antenna" mode which may be an issue for you.

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos