Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Genoa

No TV audio after setup, volume controls on TV work fine when not using Roku

I completed the setup of a Streaming Stick+. The picture flickers between clear and what looks like overlayed semi-clear boxes. But the bigger problem is that there is no audio. I tried all of the remedies listed in the Support page but no joy. The audio works fine when hooked up to the old antenae. I'm looking for more suggestions of how to correct either or both problems.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: No TV audio after setup, volume controls on TV work fine when not using Roku

Do you have the Roku powered from a USB port on the TV or are you plugging it into an electrical outlet?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: No TV audio after setup, volume controls on TV work fine when not using Roku

Hey @Genoa

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

Just to confirm, when you said that you've already tried all the remedies listed on our Support page, are you referring to this article? What should I do if I do not hear the audio from my Roku® streaming player? If yes, please reply here with the serial number of the affected Roku device. It can be found at the back of the stick itself.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos