Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JVenn35

No Link Code displayed on my tv for setup.

I have entered my email, opened the link, and signed in to my account.  The next step is:

Please enter the link code displayed on your TV

There is no link code displayed on my TV

0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
Ashly69

Need help activating - code displayed on your TV screen

Idk what to do it’s says end the code displayed on your TV screen but it’s not sending any code to my Roku device on my TV🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No Link Code displayed on my tv for setup.

Roku doesn't link to your account using that method any longer. Instead, you enter your Roku email address on the TV screen, and you receive an email with a link that activates the device to your account. What model Roku are you trying to set up?

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
JVenn35

Roku Premiere

0 Kudos
atc98092

Yes, the Premiere will be using the new activation method. You enter your email address on the TV screen when asked for, then you should receive an email from Roku within minutes with a link to activate your new player onto your user account. Just make sure you enter the email address that you use for your Roku user account.

Dan

0 Kudos
JVenn35

Still takes me to a page with:

Please enter the link code displayed on your TV

There are no other options on the page.

0 Kudos
atc98092

Ok, we have to get @RokuDanny-R to help out here. It's not behaving the way I would expect.

Dan

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Need help activating - code displayed on your TV screen

@Ashly69

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? Are you trying to activate your Roku device? What are you seeing on screen?

Have you already tried performing a factory reset on your Roku device? For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: Factory reset your Roku

In addition, have you tried connecting your Roku device to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are able to setup your Roku device?

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@JVenn35

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to assist you with the issue you are experiencing.

Can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I faced this same issue activating a number of new streaming sticks and I was able to resolve by opening the activation links in a "private" or "incognito" tab.  

I initially spent a couple hours setting up the first Roku going through restarts and resetting a bunch of times, then I finally decided to start with a clean browser session by copying the activation link from the email and pasting it into an incognito window in chrome.  Worked every time for the next couple of streaming sticks that I was activating.

--Richard