Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Roku and need questions answered

Looking to swap to Roku and get rid of cable.  I have 4 TV's in my house, do I have to order something for each TV(1 of the 4 is not a smart TV) or will they all run off of a single hub?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: New to Roku and need questions answered

Each Roku has a single output that connects to the tv via plugging into an HDMI port on the tv, same as a cable box or DVD/Blu-ray player.  You'll need a Roku unit for each tv. 

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: New to Roku and need questions answered

@jcwestbrooks1 

If three of your TVs are smart TVs, why are you looking into Roku?

Don't get me wrong, I prefer Roku's interface to the interface of my smart TV, but what about the apps on your smart TV are the problem? What are you expecting from Roku that you don't get from those smart TVs?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos