Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wazzupg78
Reel Rookie

New express 4k won't update

I bought a new roku express (3940rw). During setup i connect to my wifi network, then go to update software and get error 005 every time. I have tried different power cord, different power brick, tried mobile hotspot, reset modem and router, different tv, reseting roku, tried both 2.4 and 5 networks, tried removing password from network, and different hdmi cable. Nothing seems to help. It will update to 2% everytime, before giving the error message. 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: New express 4k won't update

Hey @Wazzupg78

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Please reply here with the serial number/device ID of your Roku Express 4K. It can be found at the back of the player or on the box itself. 

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to our support team for further assistance.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Wazzupg78
Reel Rookie

@RokuKariza-D wrote:

Hey @Wazzupg78

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Please reply here with the serial number/device ID of your Roku Express 4K. It can be found at the back of the player or on the box itself. 

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to our support team for further assistance.

All the best,
Kariza

SN: S07R217G34EU

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@Wazzupg78

Appreciate the reply.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Nit86

RokuKariza-D I'm having the same issue with my Roku express 4k+ I just bout it and after connecting to the wireless connection it gives error code 005 when it's trying to update I've done everything under the sun trying to solve the issue and nothing has worked. 

SNSmiley FrustratedOAH21CC62MH

MODEL:3941X

FCC ID: TC2-R10-40

Thank you so much

Nitasha Rogers

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Nit86

Thanks for the post.

Who is your ISP (internet service provider)? Have you tried connecting your Roku device to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos