Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HLondon
Reel Rookie

New Ultra has fewer Sony TV Codes

This newest Ultra set top has only 1 Sony TV code for control by IR of power, volume & muting.

My previous Ultra had over 4. The 4th one works perfectly. Now nothing. 1 code then "Unable to set up Remote."

I mean REALLY?

Is this a cost saver? Why?

I had to get a $9 programmable to do this.

Why?

Please update with the codes you've had for generations!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
HLondon
Reel Rookie

Re: New Ultra has fewer Sony TV Codes

I just paired my Enhanced Voice Remote from a previous Roku Ultra with this newest Ultra. The newest Voice Remote Pro as described earlier didn't have more than 1 Sony remote code.

The Enhanced paired and either had the codes preprogrammed or the ability to proceed with at least 4 Sony codes and performs as expected. I have control now of my Sony device.

Really? I have to dig out an old Enhanced to work with my brand new Ultra?

Why go backwards developmentally?

Ridiculous.

Please update the Voice Remote Pro accordingly.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: New Ultra has fewer Sony TV Codes

We're grateful to have you here in the Roku Community, @HLondon.

We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention. No worries. We'll take note of this as we highly value your feedback. 

In the meantime, we're grateful to know that you got everything sorted out and highly appreciate your patience and understanding.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else you'd want us to address and we'd be more than willing to listen and take appropriate action.

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos