Roku setup

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jengreenwell
Level 7

Re: Express Stuck on software update

Jump to solution

Mine has been stuck like that for 3 days. I’ve unplugged, left unplugged, plugged back in, moved closer to router, nothing works. Won’t power on or off, can’t go to home screen. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Infinite restart loop after downloading updates

Jump to solution

@Diamondeewv @ehoelscher20 @src5089 @jengreenwell 

Thanks for the posts.

As stated in my previous posts, I'd recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can finish updating and set up your Roku device. Then once your device has been setup, try switching back to your wireless network.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
bdpopeye
Level 10

Jump to solution

Wow.. I was going to buy a premiere to replace my roku sticks whose remotes WILL NOT pair. I chose the premier because it has a simple IR remote. NO pairing. Now I'm very skeptical of the quality of this product. Has the issue been solved? Thanks for any answer.

0 Kudos
Diamondeewv
Level 8

Jump to solution

Im gonna try a new hdmi cord. No i keep getting booted to main menu. I did a factory reset as well then unplugged overnight. Finally made it through a manual update. Didnt help.

0 Kudos

Updating issues

Jump to solution

I have a ##roku se n I just got it back out to use is again but its stuck updating it will ask the language  then I connect to  the internet  then it updates  n I have to start all over again

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Diamondeewv 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? What is happening when you are on the main menu? 

The thread you are posting is for users who are having issues with the restarting loop when trying to install the update on the device on setup. Your issue may be unrelated to this thread and may need to be moved to a topic of its own to avoid confusion.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Updating issues

Jump to solution

@Kenzieryan2020 

Thanks for the post.

I'd recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can finish updating and set up your Roku device. Then once your device has been setup, try switching back to your wireless network.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi Danny R,

I'm a network administrator at a university, and we have had a handful individuals experience this issue. I have packet-captures showing that traffic is flowing between the Roku and the Firmware Update server successfully. I would like to troubleshoot this issue further to determine the root cause of this "reboot loop" despite the Roku's having full access to the the internet and the update server.

0 Kudos
CodeButcher
Level 10

Jump to solution

@Guardian-Droid wrote:

Hi Danny R,

I'm a network administrator at a university, and we have had a handful individuals experience this issue. I have packet-captures showing that traffic is flowing between the Roku and the Firmware Update server successfully. I would like to troubleshoot this issue further to determine the root cause of this "reboot loop" despite the Roku's having full access to the the internet and the update server.

From my experience with the Roku Express, it's the cable or even the TV that causes the failure after restart.  What it's trying to do is verify the max Resolution if the TV, Be it 720p, 1080p or even 4K (2160p) as well as the maximum internet connection speed of the internet.  The cheap HDMI cable that comes with the Roku just cheap. Use a better HDMI cable. Good Luck!

0 Kudos
smholl21
Level 7

Updating Help

Jump to solution

Recently purchased Express won’t finish updating, says update gets to 100% and then the screen goes to the Roku sign for a few seconds before bringing me back to the “setup” menu (making me repeat the process again and again)

0 Kudos