Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maskharah

Need help with a Roku XD/S - Stuck in Boot Loop

I recently purchased a roku xd/s from ebay, 2nd hand, because this is the only device i saw that i could use with my CRT tv. (this roku has composite connection and this is what I was looking for).

When I first got the unit, i was able to get to the main channel screen, but youtube was not listed as a channel. I couldnt access the channel store. I tried changing the update server and channel server with the roku secret menu, and still was not able to update firmware or access channel store. I noticed the old account was still listen in the settings menu, so i hard reset the unit.

Now I am stuck in a boot loop. everytime i try using wireless connection i get to "activation issue" there was a problem connection to the roku server Code 001.

help plz?

I was going to try to send someone with roku on here a PM with my SN info but i cant find how to PM a roku tech....

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Need help with a Roku XD/S - Stuck in Boot Loop

The XD/S is ancient by electronics standards.  Support for it ended several years ago.  In its prime it couldn't support Youtube.  I doubt you can even get it connected to a Roku account anymore.  Save yourself the aggravation and get a new Roku device and an HDMI-to-RCA converter or, better yet, abandon that old CRT.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos