Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cwebb12
Reel Rookie

NEW Express Roku unable to connect to wireless

I just purchased the Roku Express 4k+, and it is unable to connect to the wireless network. I’ve done a hard reboot on the router, hard reboot on the Roku.  I’ve even tested this Roku on every other tv, and it won’t connect.  Although, our other Roku devices are working fine on all the other tvs.  I’m at a loss.  Could it be an issue with the actual Roku?  My signal strength is excellent. 

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: NEW Express Roku unable to connect to wireless

Hi @Cwebb12,

Thanks for making you first here in the Roku Community!

We'd be glad to work on this, but we need more details. Could you tell us if you're seeing an error message? Have you tried connecting it to an alternative network and see if there are any differences?

Tell us, and we'll take a closer look.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Cwebb12
Reel Rookie

Thank you for responding. It is a brand new Roku, so when I hooked it up, I selected English and it won’t let me get any further. There is no error message, except that I’m unable to connect to the wireless.  I don’t have an alternative network to hook it up to.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Cwebb12 

When you say you "can't connect to wireless", are you seeing your wifi network (SSID names) showing up, or are they missing from the list of available networks?

What is the router model number and who is your ISP (internet service provider)?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Cwebb12
Reel Rookie

Yes. I am seeing my network show up, enter my password and that’s as far as I get.  We have Spectrum, Device model is DVW32CN. Model name is DVW32Cr1.  MO is 2104011689-01L1

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Unavailable to connect roku express in the bedroom 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, @Cwebb12.

If you enter the password and the device does not recognize it, an error message should appear. Would you mind double-checking? An error code would be really helpful for us to diagnose this issue. If there's none, after trying to reboot the device once again, try connecting it to an available mobile hotspot to see if the device can detect other networks.

Please share with us your findings so we can continue assisting.

Thanks,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

HI @wilkinstamika18,

Thank you for letting us know.

Are you seeing any error codes when signing up for your network? What have you done so far to sort out this concern?

With elaborative information, we'll be able to investigate this further.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos