Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ash_Riv
Reel Rookie

My tv keeps turning off and the sleep mode is off

My onn. Roku 50” tv keep turning off by itself and the sleep mode is off does anyone know why 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My tv keeps turning off and the sleep mode is off

Hi @Ash_Riv,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

We're here to help. May we ask when you started seeing the issue? Are there any recent changes on your Roku device, perhaps in the setup or settings, that might cause the problem? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can investigate further?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ash_Riv
Reel Rookie

I moved but we have the same WiFi it just out of nowhere turns off and the sleep mode is off

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Ash_Riv,

Thanks for updating us here in the Roku Community!

We're happy to assist you with your problem with your Roku TV. We'd like to know more about the issue that you ran into. Please provide us with more details.

• How are you powering your Roku TV?
  • Is the issue happening on all content or channels, or is this isolated to one content or channel?
  • Are you getting any error messages or error codes?
  • How far is your device from your network router?
  • Can you provide a video or screenshot of the issue you're experiencing?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.
Best regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ash_Riv
Reel Rookie

• I’m powering it on with The controller.
  • no error messages it says “thinking” the “power off”
  • it’s happening in all channels even when I’m playing my ps4
  • my WiFi box is in a closet behind the tv
  • i don’t have screenshots since it happens out of nowhere 
0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Ash_Riv,

Thanks for keeping us updated here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you providing answers to the questions asked above. We're happy to help. Please make sure to power your Roku TV directly to the wall outlet to ensure that it gets sufficient power. Also, research shows that four hours without remote activity is a good indicator that no one is watching the content being streamed since most movies and TV shows are less than four hours, including sports-related content. If your Roku TV has been streaming for four hours and no commands have been received from your Roku remote or the mobile app, the Roku platform interprets this as inactivity on your Roku device. You can also try to disable the Bandwidth Saver for all streaming channels using the instructions below to see if this will fix the issue:

1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Select Network.
  4. Select Bandwidth Saver.
  5. Choose Off.

Please be advised that some streaming channels employ their own mechanism to cease data usage after a specific period of inactivity. These features will not be affected when you disable Bandwidth Saver.

If the issue still persists, please let us know.

Best regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Efouse

I have the same issue. Brand new. Sleep timer is off. Bandwidth saver is off but still turns off every night. We tried everything. It’s about to get returned!!!!! Help

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

I searched around for Roku TV and “thinking” and I see messages about Roku TVs controlled via Alexa.  If you have Alexa in your home, could someone be using it to mess with you?

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos