Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
murphyslawjr2
Reel Rookie

My dog ate my remote how do I connect my mobile app to it

Ok my dog ate my remote and my ex turned the TV off how do I connect a mobile app to it to get it turned back on and use it

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: My dog ate my remote how do I connect my mobile app to it

@murphyslawjr2 

If your Roku is connected to your network, then download the Android or iOS app for Roku.

If your Roku is not connected to your network, then you need a remote. They are available online, or at local retailers such as Walmart, Best Buy, Target, and others.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
renojim

If you're just trying to turn on the power, there's a button on it somewhere.  It's usually on the back or along one of the edges.  On one of my TCLs it's kind of hidden on the bottom in the center behind the TCL logo.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
murphyslawjr2
Reel Rookie

It's not a Roku tv it's a Roku express connected to my TV..at a hotel .. grrrrr

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@murphyslawjr2 

You have to have a remote to connect to a network. The Roku Simple Remote ($15) can be picked up at Walmart, Best Buy, Target, and other retailers.

A universal IR remote (possibly under $10) will also work if the packaging says it supports Roku.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos