Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sheaydon

My brand new Roku stick keeps making my LG tv turn on and off

Same problem here .. I have the Roku power plugged into the stick and the stick in the hdmi 

also my lg sound bar will get knocked off bluetooth for 5 minutes and reconnect again. It does this at least 5 times within an hour and then my tv powers down and 3 minutes later powers on

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My brand new Roku stick keeps making my LG tv turn on and off

Hi @Sheaydon,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to assist you further with your issue on the Roku streaming stick device, but we will need more details. Can you please provide the following information below?

• How are you powering your Roku streaming stick device?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

In the meantime, please try to plug your Roku player into a USB port on your TV and check for a low-power signal on your Roku. If you see a red flashing light or a low-power warning on your TV screen, switch to a different port. Or, use the power adapter to plug the device into a wall outlet instead.

We'll wait for your response, and we will continue to assist you further.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bbetts00
Reel Rookie

I have a streaming stick 4K, and just did factory reset.  Same issue, and I’m now very frustrated because I had to reorganize and log back into all my apps.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @bbetts00 

We're thrilled to have you here in the Roku Community.

Thanks for sharing this information with us, and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. We also acknowledge your efforts to resolve the issue. Could you please provide us with the following information so we can directly assist you further:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • TV model and brand.
  • When did this issue first start to occur?
  • When was the device first purchased and activated?

With more details, we can assist moving forward.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos