Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Roku Stick keeps freezing. It usually freezes on the screensaver

My Roku Stick keeps freezing. It usually freezes on the screensaver, but now it’s starting to freeze on Tubi Tv. This started happening two weeks ago. When it happens the remote still works to turn my tv off and on and control the volume, but the Roku Stick itself becomes nonfunctional. I have to unplug the Roku Stick for it to work again. Anyone know how to resolve this issue?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku TV Keeps Freezing, Nothing Works!

We're grateful to have you here at the Roku Community, @Dolemite1375.

We'd be more than happy to find you the best course of action regarding your issue. In this case, have you tried to perform a factory reset on your Roku streaming stick? You can follow the steps provided by our Support article to help you on How to Factory Reset your Roku streaming device.

Let us know how it goes and we'd be more than happy to assist you with this further.

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jfdaigle44
Channel Surfer

I have the same problem, i wish I could get to the home screen and follow steps for a factory reset but it keeps rebooting and I don't even get there...

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for sharing the experience you've had with this issue, @jfdaigle44.

If this is the case, try performing a hard reset on the device itself. If the device was a streaming player, locate the reset button on the back or bottom of the device labeled "reset". If the device happens to be a Roku TV, please prepare a pin and insert it into the reset pinhole at the back of your TV. Press and hold it until the TV shuts off.

We hope the reset resolves this issue. Please inform us of your findings.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jfdaigle44
Channel Surfer

it is a stick, I was told to hit the reset for 20secs while booting, but it does not help. if it does boot properly, it freezes after 20-30sec, and start over.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @jfdaigle44,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Could you tell us how you are powering this device? Is it directly to the wall outlet or to a USB port on your TV? We recommend plugging it into a source with enough power to prevent unnecessary behavior.

Or let us know more about this so we can provide you with the appropriate next step.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: My Roku Stick keeps freezing. It usually freezes on the screensaver

I had the same problem, roku freezing. This stared after a software update. I checked system, settings and found an item called power. When I clicked on this setting it said that power would go into a power saving mode after 20 minutes. I unchecked the box and haven't had an issue since.

0 Kudos