Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joanigrl66

Keep getting the message "The Roku Channel Store service is currently unavailable"

Just set up Roku Express, and account, downloaded the APP added some channels. But when I go back to the TV ROKU remote to Home>Streaming Channels I receive the error "The Roku Chanel Store service is currently unavailable. Please Try Again Later' no channels are shown. I am logged in to newly created account. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Keep getting the message "The Roku Channel Store service is currently unavailable"

I would suggest restarting everything - modem/router and Roku.  Unplug the power from modem/router and Roku.  Wait a few seconds and plug the modem/router back in.  Wait a few minutes and plug the Roku back in.

It's not a solution, but you can also try using your phone's hotspot and connecting the Roku to that to see if it can connect to the channel store.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Keep getting the message "The Roku Channel Store service is currently unavailable"

@joanigrl66 

Are you in the US? Is your account in the US? Is your ISP in the US? Are you using a VPN?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos