Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Keth

Re: Just want to put Roku on my computer

Jump to solution

One option is to purchase a smaller Roku TV, and just use it as a monitor. You can pick one up in the hundred dollar range, and whether you want Roku content, or to use your PC, just change input source. That's what I do.

0 Kudos
KMW
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Ok.... got it.  But now it is 9/2022?  Nothing for windows computer yet???

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@KMW, you're never going to see it.  It doesn't make any sense.  Can you run iOS apps from the Apple store on your Windows computer?  It's the same thing.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
cwcheese
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Smax14

Have you thought of buying a Streaming Stick for travel? I have a Streaming Stick+ that is used on one TV in my house, and I take it in my carry on luggage when I am out of town; it works great in most hotels (that allow access to HDMI inputs) and pretty much all Airbnb homes. The stick option is nice because the USB power requirement is just right for any current TV. Just don't forget to bring the remote... like I did one time and couldn't access the Stick until I went to Target and bought another remote.

don't call me expert, just a long time Roku user that seen a lot of things
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Roku sucks. I just want to watch it on my computer. I already have the Roku on my network. And No! I don't want to move it from where it's at. Roku Sucks

TachaGizmo

Jump to solution

This should work in your browser. It works fine for me, Windows 11 with Edge.

The Roku Channel - Watch Movies, TV Shows & Live News Online

0 Kudos
TachaGizmo

Jump to solution

This works for me on Windows 11, Edge browser:

The Roku Channel - Watch Movies, TV Shows & Live News Online

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@MichaelSessions wrote:

I just want to watch it on my computer. I already have the Roku on my network. And No! I don't want to move it from where it's at. 

Roku players are designed to connect to a display with an HDMI input. Nothing else. Same with an Apple TV, Fire TV, Nvidia Shield, or any of the dozens of streaming media players on the market. You can't watch something on your DVD/Blu Ray player simply because it's connected to your network. What you are asking for doesn't exist.

Your computer has a display, but unless you have an HDMI equipped video capture card, there's no way to display any Roku output on a computer. And that still requires you to connect the Roku to your computer, no networking is involved. Again, there's no such product that does what you want, regardless of manufacturer. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
mfoley39
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks. I posted that a while ago, and what I thought was I wanted the exact setup and channels I have when I watch my roku TV. What I did was get Netflix, Amazon, Discovery, PBS, and now the Roku Channel bookmarked and ready for streaming. Thanks. Any other suggestions? I am going cheap. Netflix and Amazon were already memberships, PBS is a small $5 monthly donation for their whole available catalog, and Discovery is cheap too. I rent YouTube movies as well somethimes.

0 Kudos