Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pookie9317
Reel Rookie

Issues with Roku account and new Roku tv

We just bought a new roku tv and I cannot activate my tv because it will not acknowledge my email. I already have a Roku account and another tv in my home is set up on it. Went thru Roku support with an online chat and all they could do was forward issue to IT department and will email me later. REALLY AGGRAVATED!!!

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Issues with Roku account and new Roku tv

Same here.  Just bought the new Roku today and I have the same issue.  Sounds like an issue within Roku.  Please advise your customers as you have our email addresses on when this issue will get resolved.  I agree.  This is very aggravating! Thanks

0 Kudos
Pookie9317
Reel Rookie

I'm glad I'm not the only one

0 Kudos

I spoke to tech support.  They claimed the issue is my Wi-Fi speed which is totally false.  The solution is to set up the new device with a mobile hotspot.  After setup is complete, you can go into settings and change the internet connection back to your home wi-fi.

0 Kudos
Stef2

Me too, bought my third Roku, installed on 3rd tv, now getting message that "this email is already taken".  Why can't I set up a third Roku with my own email? 

@unhappyone8271 wrote:

I spoke to tech support.  They claimed the issue is my Wi-Fi speed which is totally false.  The solution is to set up the new device with a mobile hotspot.  After setup is complete, you can go into settings and change the internet connection back to your home wi-fi.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Stef2 

It sounds like you're going through the new account setup, rather than adding a device to an existing account.

Unplug it and start over. Notice the options. If it says "set up" or "create" an account, that's not what you want to do.

One thing, when it says there's already an existing account, doesn't it give you an option to use the existing account?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos