Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JCGreek
Channel Surfer

Installing a Second Streaming Stick+ for a second TV

Jump to solution

I purchased a second Roku Streaming Stick+ for installation on a second TV. What are the installation details so I can use either one with my one account? I'm assuming I can have the one account with both devices and use either one together. I'm also assuming I can use my one account to view both devices streaming the same channel at the same time. Please let me know if this is not so and what details I need to follow during setup to install.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: Installing a Second Streaming Stick+ for a second TV

Jump to solution

Just set up the second Roku device like you did the first.  If you link it to your existing account which I highly recommend, all of your channels from the first device will also appear on the second stick.  You may have to login to some of the channels to use them.  Please be aware that if you remove a channel from one device it will be removed from all devices linked to that account.  You can view the same channel on both devices at the same time.  Many apps limit the number of devices you can view at the same time often to three.  I have six Roku devices linked to the same account.  All six could be used at the same time but not with the same channel because of limits set by the channel.  

View solution in original post

andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution
Subscriptions typically don't care about the number of devices. They just limit the number of simultaneous streams.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Just set up the second Roku device like you did the first.  If you link it to your existing account which I highly recommend, all of your channels from the first device will also appear on the second stick.  You may have to login to some of the channels to use them.  Please be aware that if you remove a channel from one device it will be removed from all devices linked to that account.  You can view the same channel on both devices at the same time.  Many apps limit the number of devices you can view at the same time often to three.  I have six Roku devices linked to the same account.  All six could be used at the same time but not with the same channel because of limits set by the channel.  

JCGreek
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

HDMIGuy 

Thanks for the information. I will install soon now.!

I'm assuming whatever subscriptions I will have on my Account will not be charged extra.?? So whatever channels I have on my Account will be available with no extra cost on the second TV.??

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution
Subscriptions typically don't care about the number of devices. They just limit the number of simultaneous streams.
MilesT
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

NowTV in the UK is one of the few that does charge per device, and also more for 4k and HDR.

Upgraded subscription supports both several more devices and 4k

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos
srl1

Jump to solution

Sorry to bother you with this question, I am just starting with using streaming.  I believe the answer to my question is yes just confirming it.  I have two answers to the question do I need a separate streaming device for each tv I was told yes but also was told that the Roku Ultra device allow you to use one device and connect the other tv's via WiFi.  

Can you clarify if the Ultra device allows WiFi connection??

0 Kudos
JCGreek
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

HDMIGuy would be the guy to ask. I don't know.

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Normally, each TV must have it's own device. You could use something like an HDMI switch if you have two TV's relatively near each other and don't mind running cables between them. Most Roku's support RF remotes or even the Roku app on a phone/tablet, so you don't need line-of-sight to control them.

rs1803671

Jump to solution

I am not having trouble installing.  It is that my 2nd Roku is not working correctly.  When I first

turn the tv on the "ROKU" just bounces and bounces.  When I finally get in to Roku It may play a while

then go back to bouncing and bouncing back and forth.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@rs1803671, try using the supplied power adapter plugged into the wall.  Your TV's USB port may not supply enough power.  If you didn't get a USB power adapter with your Roku device, try one from a phone or tablet.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos