Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bgarrey
Reel Rookie

Insignia Smart Fire TV won't work after activating Roku 4K stick

I installed the Roku 4K stick and activated it on the Insignia Fire TV.  Everything looked fine and everything worked well.  I then turned the TV off.  After restarting it, I got a blank screen--no sound or picture.  The Roku remote didn't work; nor did the Insignia remote. I took the Roku stick out of the HDMI port, waited a bit and plugged it backed in.  Still nothing.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Insignia Smart Fire TV won't work after activating Roku 4K stick

@bgarrey

Thanks for the post.

For clarification, are you able to view or hear any content on the TV when not using or connecting the Roku device?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bgarrey
Reel Rookie

Hi Danny:

When I turn the TV on with the Roku stick attached, I get no sound or picture on the TV.  If I take the Roku device out of the HDMI port and turn the TV on, I get a "no signal" message and a list of inputs.  After selecting "antenna" I can see the Insignia homepage but cannot use the Insignia remote.

What I'm trying to do is run the TV with the Roku stick and remote.  The person I'm helping is vision impaired and the Roku interface and remote are much easier for him to use.

Thanks for your help.  Please let me know if you need more information.

Barbara

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@bgarrey

Thanks for the post.

If you are connecting the Roku device to your TV, are you making sure to select the appropriate HDMI input that the Roku device is connected to on the TV? Is there a light on the Roku device to ensure that the device is powered on?

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bgarrey
Reel Rookie

As I noted above, the Roku device worked fine when I first installed and activated it.  It was only after I turned the television off and restarted it that I got no sound or picture.  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@bgarrey

Thanks for the post.

Is there a light on the Roku device when you are trying to use the Roku device? In addition, how are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bgarrey
Reel Rookie

Danny

Thanks for your response.  There is a light on the Roku device.  The device is plugged into an outlet.

Barbara

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@bgarrey

Thanks for the follow up.

To provide clarification:
1) are you unable to view any sound or video on your TV, regardless if you are using your Roku device or not?
2) have you tried connecting your Roku device to another TV to see if you are able to see your Roku device?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mjfuentez
Reel Rookie

Im having the same problem. It worked fine a week ago and now just a black screen. I tried on an older TV and worked fine. Went back to this TV and just a black screen. 

0 Kudos
Mjfuentez
Reel Rookie

Figured it out. The TV had just updated. I restarted the TV from settings and Roku worked fine 

0 Kudos