Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shwnholland
Reel Rookie

I will NEVER buy another Roku device EVER!!!

I will NEVER buy another Roku again. It constantly disconnects from the network. I've done everything to buying new routers, upgrading internet speed and performed a factory reset. Software is up to date as well. Let's just face it, this device......is TRASH. On my way to pick up an Amazon Fire stick. Best of luck with this Rokuers. 

2 REPLIES 2
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: I will NEVER buy another Roku device EVER!!!

Hello @shwnholland

We're here to help.

If you are getting an error code or message, refer to this link for common Roku error codes and their recommended actions: How to connect your Roku device to the internet using Wi-Fi or Ethernet

Furthermore, if the affected device is either a Roku Express or Roku Premiere, please note that they are only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to. You can check your device model by navigating to Settings > System > About.

You can also try configuring your router and use wireless channels 1, 6, or 11 which are the preferred channels in North America. Each time you change the wireless channel, you will likely need to apply/save changes before you are prompted to restart the router.

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
shwnholland
Reel Rookie

Re: I will NEVER buy another Roku device EVER!!!

Hi Kariza. Thank you for reaching out. Due to Roku, I've become very familiar with my network settings. I changed my network to broadcast on b/g/n after reading a few reviews but my router is  2.4 GHz compatible and is approximately 3.2 feet away from my Roku device. The next level of upgrading to my network would be for "serious gaming" and I don't think I will be doing in order to watch TV. I even went as far as disconnecting everything from my network and only connecting the Roku, and it worked, for 17 minutes and 38 seconds before disconnecting again. Channel 1 doesn't give off a good enough wifi signal and the I get the same results from channels 6 and 11. Thank you for reaching out.