Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ducsoup
Channel Surfer

I can't activate my Roku device

Jump to solution

I am upgrading to a Roku 4k+. I get the activation email and go through all the steps until the promo offer page. Don’t want anything but there is no option to continue the setup. Do I need to cancel my current Roku to start another one? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ducsoup
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Ok here is an update. First thanks for all the reply's. I used my laptop and got a continue button at the bottom of the promo offer page which does no show up on a iphone at least. I did not try turning the phone, just went straight to the laptop and it work without issue. Thanks!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Ducsoup 

No, you can have multiple Roku devices (believed to be be 20) on the same Roku Account.  No need to cancel before activating another.

Try looking around on the screen or pressing OK on your remote to continue through setup.  Post a screenshot if still having issues.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Michelle3
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

First off, what is the model number of your Roku 4K+ device?  Second off, what is the model number of your television set?  And third off, exactly what promo offer are you talking about?

Are you sure there’s no option to continue the setup?  You should be able to see something like a “Continue” or “OK” button on the screen.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
Ducsoup
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Model# 3941X

TV LG 75 QNED80

Once the activation email was sent to my email it directs me to the Roku setup. You name it, add what room, select entertainment types then you get to last page where it says about 1 min left and it is just Promo channels offers. There is not option to skip it. Tried selecting offers but it still did not move forward

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Many offers are for first time Roku owners, if you already own one it wouldn't apply. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I've seen someone say that if you are doing this on a phone, rotate to landscape mode and then a continue button may appear.

0 Kudos
Ducsoup
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks, I will give that a try

0 Kudos
Ducsoup
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yeah, I am on my 4th Roku. I have never had this much of an issue setting one up. I have timed out twice because I can not get past the promo offer page and continue the setup

0 Kudos
zesty2
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have heard of this too... its worth the try and check out 🙂

0 Kudos
zesty2
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

opps I was pertaining to Strega's reply 🙂