Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tchicks

Re: How to use Roku across a mix of Roku TVs and non-Roku TVs in my home

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

You need a Roku device on each TV and then you can load all your apps on each ( you just need to remember your passwords for each app 

0 Kudos
VAR
Roku Guru

Re: Multiple TV's + Roku TV Setup

Jump to solution

Use the same email address for all sets

yes separate device for additional TVs 

mans then you load all your apps on each

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@VAR wrote:

You need a Roku device on each TV  

Not if as the person stated they would have a mix of Roku TVs as well. With a Roku TV you do not need a Roku player connected to it. Link it to the same Roku user account and it will automatically have the same apps/channels on every Roku TV and Roku player. As you mentioned, not all channels store login credentials in the Roku cloud, so they might need to log into each channel on each device. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Joe112

Re: Multiple TV's + Roku TV

Jump to solution

I currently have Roku for the two tv,s in my house. I am going to rent an apartment and want to access the Roku streaming channels on the tv that comes with the apartment. Is this possible and what do I need to do to make that happen.

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

Roku devices have something called Guest Mode that should provide what you're looking for. See this support page for detailed information about using Guest Mode.

Dan

0 Kudos
VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I believe your tenant would be on your acct and possible your Wi-Fi ( depending on your set up)

yes you could give them access 

I have 7 TVs between 2 locations but remember some apps are restrictive to how many set can be viewing their content at one time.

the real question is Are you OK sharing your email address with your tenants?

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@VAR wrote:

I believe your tenant would be on your acct and possible your Wi-Fi ( depending on your set up)

yes you could give them access 

I have 7 TVs between 2 locations but remember some apps are restrictive to how many set can be viewing their content at one time.

the real question is Are you OK sharing your email address with your tenants?

That's not the way guest Mode works. Yes, the Roku is connected to their network. But the guest has no access to their WiFi password or their Roku account information, such as their email address. The Roku appears to the guest as a brand new Roku that isn't logged into anything other than the network.

The guest would log into the desired content (for example Prime Video or Netflix) using their own personal credentials, not the Roku owner's. When the guest checks out, their login credentials are deleted from the device. There is not account information exchanging between the owner and the guest. 

Dan

0 Kudos