Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pretzer32

How to turn off Guest Mode without PIN or factory reset

Jump to solution

I purchase a Westinghouse model #WR43FX2212 that is stuck in Guest Mode so I can not get to the settings. I have tried to reset the TV 3 times with no success. I do not have access to previous owner email or Roku account. Pleas help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to turn off Guest Mode without PIN or factory reset

Jump to solution

Without access to the linked user account, a factory reset is the only option available. I don't believe the menu option to perform a reset is available when Guest Mode is enabled, so pressing the reset button like @Strega2 mentioned is your only option. From what I've seen, resetting a TV differs from resetting a Roku player only in the length of time you hold the reset button in. For a Roku TV, ten seconds is all it's supposed to take to force a factory reset. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Strega2
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Did you factory reset or just reset?  A factory reset (which is what you want) requires you to hold the button for at least 10 seconds.  You'll see it reset, start booting back up, and then it will reset again if you keep the button pressed.  If it hasn’t asked you what language to use, then it hasn’t been factory reset.

Banned but back. Because why not?
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Without access to the linked user account, a factory reset is the only option available. I don't believe the menu option to perform a reset is available when Guest Mode is enabled, so pressing the reset button like @Strega2 mentioned is your only option. From what I've seen, resetting a TV differs from resetting a Roku player only in the length of time you hold the reset button in. For a Roku TV, ten seconds is all it's supposed to take to force a factory reset. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos