Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adiaz7531
Channel Surfer

How to start Roku stick plugged into display

Hello! I have a spare Roku 4K stick so I plugged it into the hdmi port of my LG 34UC88-B Ultrawide display. At first it didn’t work until I plugged the USB cable into a USB3 port on the display then it came to life. Problem is that if I turn the display off and then later come back and turn it on the display says no signal is attached. The Roku remote doesn’t help. I have to physically unplug and replug the USB cable and I finally get the “skipping” Roku screen. Is there a way to prevent this each time? This display is also connected to a Mac Mini via DisplayPort. I have to select which input is being used. Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to start Roku stick plugged into display

Your display is powering off its USB port and thus the stick when you turn it off.  It's possible that the display has a setting to keep the USB port powered up at all times, but I don't know how likely that is.  Maybe it's not providing power to the USB port until you unplug the USB cable and plug it back in?  The simple solution is to use the USB power adapter supplied with the stick plugged into the wall.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
adiaz7531
Channel Surfer

Re: How to start Roku stick plugged into display

Thanks! I actually started with the usb power adapter plugged into outlet but it didn’t work until I plugged the usb connector into port on display