Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lal1
Reel Rookie

How to exit Roku back to cable??

How to exit Roku back to cable?? I want my dish network back and not this stupid roku lineup. I pay for cable and want it.  Uou must have had an update or something that took away my cable option. Help

Labels (1)
17 REPLIES 17
Sperry1991

Re: How to exit Roku back to cable??

I am having the same issue. I’be tried everything and I can’t get my paid cable service back.

StrixTheCat
Reel Rookie

I am having the same issue since last night. Tried everything to get my cable provider back but nothing worked. Why did Roku merge its Live TV with the Cable icon. Its the dumbest  idea ever and its been pissing me off that I cant fix it! If there is a Roku developer or agent reading this then revert this update or separate the two apps!

KatGirl
Streaming Star

Yesterday, my dad accidentally pushed a button on the remote, and now my parents are stuck on the Roku Channel and not Live TV. What should we do? We really need help!

Strega2
Roku Guru

I assume you are all using Roku TVs - as opposed to TVs with Roku players attached? 

How are your satellite/cable boxes attached – an HDMI input?  Do the Roku TVs provide no simple way to select: HDMI 1, HDMI 2, etc…  (Sorry, I don’t have a Roku TV so I’m just guessing at possible workarounds.)

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
StrixTheCat
Reel Rookie

It is a Roku Tv, its built in.

The cable box is attached by coaxial cable in the back of the Tv. It was working fine until yesterday, before that I used to just press OK on the Live Tv menu and it automatically go to cable. The dumb Roku Live TV lineup would always appear whenever I did go to Cable but I always ignored it.

Strega2
Roku Guru

Doesn’t connecting the cable that way limit you to an old-style NTSC / SD sort of video?  Or do modern cable boxes output ATSC on that connector?  (The latter would be cool but I was under the impression that they never bothered and just told you to use HDMI with modern TVs.)  Anyway, if your cable box has an HDMI output, you may find that that both solves your current issue and gives you a vastly better picture.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
Damien666
Reel Rookie

Having the same problem. Obviously this is not a concern to them. I find it very

annoying they took away the "cable tv" option and only let you pick their streaming

**bleep**. I used channel 3 as the input though "live TV" and that option is gone as of today.

It allowed me to view Xfinity channels on the kitchen TV (Onn-Roku) which is paired to

the cable box in the living room via coax.  Now that option is gone. (there is no channel

selection on their remote)

Never buying a Roku TV again !

Damien666
Reel Rookie

Having the same problem. Obviously this is not a concern to them. I find it very

annoying they took away the "cable tv" option and only let you pick their streaming

**bleep**. I used channel 3 as the input though "live TV" and that option is gone as of today.

It allowed me to view Xfinity channels on the kitchen TV (Onn-Roku) which is paired to

the cable box in the living room via coax.  Now that option is gone. (there is no channel

selection on their remote)

Never buying a Roku TV again !

0 Kudos
AYipperz
Reel Rookie

I thought it was just me and all the articles on roku.com suck. None tell you how to do anything but just general info. I too need help getting cable back.