Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coggins1

How to connect VCR to Roku Tv

Can anyone help?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
mop_891
Roku Guru

Re: How to connect VCR to Roku Tv

@coggins1 

You could use one of these composite video to HDMI converters:

https://nerdtechy.com/best-composite-hdmi-converter

I've never used one so I can offer better advice but, it should work.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

@coggins1 

Do you see two phono jacks on input panel? One is for a headphone, the other is for breakout cable like this:

3.5MM to 3 RCA Cable Video Component AV Adapter Cable for TCL TV - Walmart.com

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Virtually all VCRs only have analog video and audio connectors. Almost no TV today has those connectors by default anymore, as everything has moved to HDMI. As @Tivoburkee mentioned some TVs do have a small jack (looks like a headphone connection) that allows connecting a breakout cable with analog connections, but not all do. I believe one of the analog to HDMI converters offers a better option to connect something with analog only connections.

But I do have to ask, why on earth would someone today want to connect a VCR to anything? Unless you have a bunch of home videos on tape that you still want to watch, the image and audio quality of the best VCR pales to the cheapest DVD player (DVD offers roughly double the image quality potential, naturally dependent on the source material) or Blu Ray player. If it is personal tapes you still have, you can get a fairly inexpensive connector that allows you to record those videos onto your computer, then put them on a DVD. Something as simple as this is only $10 on Amazon.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos