Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nohilp1

How do I stream media from my PC to Roku?

Jump to solution

I have VLC media player and apparently you cannot do that. It says my PC is not compatible with Miracast. So is there any other way I can stream media to my Roku TV? I'm trying to watch something on my TV but the only way is to mirror it.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How do I stream media from my PC to Roku?

Jump to solution

Hi @nohilp1,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for reaching out about this inquiry on how to cast or stream media on your Roku and we'd like to help you get started. If you have your VLC media player installed on your PC or Android device, you can access the screen mirror on both your device and the Roku TV.

For detailed instructions, here's a step-by-step process.

How to screen mirror from an Android device

The steps below are for screen mirroring from a Samsung® Android phone. Your exact steps may vary depending on your Android phone model.

1. On your Android device, pull down the status bar and tap Smart View. You may need to swipe to find the option.
  2. Select your Roku device from the Smart View menu to start the connection
  3. Follow the instructions on your Roku device to allow screen mirroring

Android example - selecting Smart ViewAndroid example - select your Roku device from the menu

How to screen mirror from a Windows 10 computer

Use the following steps to connect your Windows 10 device to your Roku streaming device.

1. From the taskbar on your Windows device, open the Action Center
  2. Select the Connect button
  3. Select your Roku device from the list of wireless display and audio devices to start the connection
  4. Follow the instructions on your Roku device to allow screen mirroring

Windows example - selecting Connect from the Action CenterWindows Example - select your Roku device from the menu

Or for further instruction, you can visit our support page here: How to screen mirror from your phone, tablet, or computer to your Roku streaming device

I hope this helps!

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How do I stream media from my PC to Roku?

Jump to solution

Hi @nohilp1,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for reaching out about this inquiry on how to cast or stream media on your Roku and we'd like to help you get started. If you have your VLC media player installed on your PC or Android device, you can access the screen mirror on both your device and the Roku TV.

For detailed instructions, here's a step-by-step process.

How to screen mirror from an Android device

The steps below are for screen mirroring from a Samsung® Android phone. Your exact steps may vary depending on your Android phone model.

1. On your Android device, pull down the status bar and tap Smart View. You may need to swipe to find the option.
  2. Select your Roku device from the Smart View menu to start the connection
  3. Follow the instructions on your Roku device to allow screen mirroring

Android example - selecting Smart ViewAndroid example - select your Roku device from the menu

How to screen mirror from a Windows 10 computer

Use the following steps to connect your Windows 10 device to your Roku streaming device.

1. From the taskbar on your Windows device, open the Action Center
  2. Select the Connect button
  3. Select your Roku device from the list of wireless display and audio devices to start the connection
  4. Follow the instructions on your Roku device to allow screen mirroring

Windows example - selecting Connect from the Action CenterWindows Example - select your Roku device from the menu

Or for further instruction, you can visit our support page here: How to screen mirror from your phone, tablet, or computer to your Roku streaming device

I hope this helps!

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos