Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
serenemadness
Reel Rookie

How do I get an Activation code for an old Roku device

Hi all, I have an older Roku Express. I want to hook it up in my sons room. When trying to Link it to my Roku account it's asking me for a "Link Code" what do I get a new Link Code..? 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How do I get an Activation code for an old Roku device

@serenemadness 

You have a couple of options. If you have access to the Roku account to which the device is already connected, log in to that account, scroll to the bottom, and Unlink the device.

Alternately, press and hold the Reset button on the device for no less than 30 seconds, then go through setup.

In either case, the device will be aware it's not tied to an account and walk you through setting it up. It will ask for your email address. Provide the address of the Roku account to which you wish to connect it.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
serenemadness
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the help, unfortunately that didn't work. I did go to my Roku account the device was there. I unlinked it. I turned my tv & Roku back on after being off and unplugged for a couple of hours. The roku comes back on it sees my network strong signal won't connect to my wireless or ask me for an email address for a new code to be sent. Any other ideas.? all my other wireless devices work fine.. Thanks again for your help..

0 Kudos
MilesT
Roku Guru

If the wireless can't connect then it is game over. Wireless does sometimes fail. Buy a new one or return under warranty if recently purchased.

Older Roku devices only support 2.4ghz WiFi, make sure there is a 2.4ghz signal. Also WPA enterprise and other "corporate" network security setting not supported except via a phone/tablet ("hotel mode").

Not a Roku employee
serenemadness
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the response, Yeah I think both my Roku Device as well as my Router which are older are toast. and need to be replaced. My Best

0 Kudos