Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IamCrystalD
Reel Rookie

Hisense • ROKU 4K TV Activation

Jump to solution

Good evening, 

I have new hisense • roku 4K TV. In the set up process,y email address is required. I have entered two separate email addresses and without thinking ab it, I receive an immediate notification "We can't seem to reach you by email." I cannot activate my TV without completing this step.

I have an existing ROKU subscription acct. 

Please advise.

Thank you,

Crystal 

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Hisense • ROKU 4K TV Activation

Jump to solution

Hi!

Did you use the same email address that you use for your Roku user account? That can be the hiccup.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

makaiguy

Jump to solution

@elizabethli2021-

If you've gotten far enough to reach the Roku home screen with menu options down the left side, Factory reset is accessed via Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset.

If you haven't reached the home screen or if you don't have control by remote, find the reset button on the TV and press and hold it for AT LEAST 30 seconds.

Either way, this will clear out the unit's memory and restart the Roku.  You'll then have to set it up again as though it were a new unit right out of the box.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
atc98092

Jump to solution

Hi!

Did you use the same email address that you use for your Roku user account? That can be the hiccup.

Dan

IamCrystalD
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you. I am trying to. 

The only step(s) I have taken is I selected my country, language, and connected to wifi. In order to activate, they want to send a link to my email address. I cannot get that far because it's suggesting "we can't seem to reach you by email." Are there any other options or a workaround? 

I know I entered my email address, accuracy. I used a separate email addresses as a test. Same results. 

I appreciate your attn to my issue. I hope this helps!!

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

OK, need the Roku employees to assist now. Probably past their work hours today, but at least one of them is usually here on weekends.

@RokuDanny-R @RokuKariza-D 

Dan

0 Kudos
IamCrystalD
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am all set. Did a factory reset and it's working by design. Thank you for your support. 

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

Great news. Thanks for sharing your success!

Dan

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have the same exact problem and don't know what to do.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

How did you do a factory reset?

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

@elizabethli2021-

If you've gotten far enough to reach the Roku home screen with menu options down the left side, Factory reset is accessed via Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset.

If you haven't reached the home screen or if you don't have control by remote, find the reset button on the TV and press and hold it for AT LEAST 30 seconds.

Either way, this will clear out the unit's memory and restart the Roku.  You'll then have to set it up again as though it were a new unit right out of the box.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
IamCrystalD
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This worked. I am all set! Thanks all!!

0 Kudos