Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Billy12
Reel Rookie

Having issue with Roku Express 4K+.

Could someone please tell me what the Technical Support Phone Number is?

I cannot find it and it would be nice to speak to someone directly from Roku to resolve an issue I am having with the Roku Express 4K+.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Having issue with Roku Express 4K+.

@Billy12 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Billy12
Reel Rookie

I have a Roku Express in one room running on an 10 year old 1080 Video TV.  No issues.

i have a Roku Express 4K+ running on a Sony 1080 4K TV.  When I use the Roku remote to turn the TV on - the TV it usually goes through a reboot (takes a couple of minutes). The blue light on the Roku is usually off when this happens. If I turn off the TV and turn it back on while the blue light is still on - it does not reboot my TV.  
tried rebooting the TV and Roku several times.  No resolution.

0 Kudos
Texasjmd

Yeah I’m having the same issues. Doesn’t matter if Iuse the Sony TV remote. If the Roku is plugged in via HDMI, it makes my Sony TV reboot when turning it on. Unplugging HDMI when not in use fixes it, but that’s a pain. Did you find a solution?

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @Texasjmd 

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

We're here to help. Could you tell us how you are powering your Roku device? Is it connected to the TV's USB port or to a wall outlet? The Roku streaming player that is connected to the USB port on your TV will lose power when the television is turned off. This means that your Roku device must “boot up” every time the TV is turned on. 

Using the included power cord and power adapter, we suggest plugging your Roku into a working power outlet in the wall. Powering it through a power outlet in the wall has the additional advantage that your Roku player will not need to power up every time you turn on your TV. This means your Roku player will be up and running faster than connected to a TV.

Keep us posted with what you find out. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos