Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Imagrest

HBO Max keeps kicking me out since switching from HBO Now

I had no problems with HBO Now, but once it automatically switched to HBO Max, it signs in and opens, but kicks me out as soon as I try to move the cursor. Also tried mirroring from my iPhone and the roku stick doesn’t appear with the iPhone, but seems to work with other brand phones (my friend’s phone). But connects with my iPhone in YouTube just fine. Same WiFi network. Please, help! My software is up to date on all devices. 
Thank you 🙏 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: HBO Max keeps kicking me out since switching from HBO Now

Hi @Imagrest,

Thanks for the posts,

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote, and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Please note that Screen mirroring with a Roku device is not supported with iOS or Apple devices. However, we suggest checking Airplay: How do I use AirPlay and HomeKit with my Roku® streaming ...

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
BOYD2012
Reel Rookie

it wont work i have got rid of the app and then put it back on several times and its just junk it keeps kicking me out and resetting my whole roku or taking me back to home screen but takes me about 30 minutes to get it to play something or about 15 or 20 tries before it works and i dont have any problem with any other app on my roku and they always say check your internet and i do and it runs at 200 mbps  so i also wish they would fix that junky app and sorry you are having the same issue

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@BOYD2012 

Try these three steps, all three, and in this order.

1. Remove the app
  2. Reboot the Roku
  3. Reinstall the app

If you didn't reboot the device between the removal and the reinstallation, it wasn't a clean remove/install. Rebooting first, or after reinstalling, doesn't really do anything. It has to be the second step, as listed, to be effective.

Now, this might not resolve it, but this should be ruled out as a possible fix.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos