Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sco
Channel Surfer

H&I TV etc., Free channels - How do I access them ?

After setup is complete, How can I access channels such as Metv, Ion, Digitv, H&I and so on? Thank you.

*&^%ggggggllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: H&I TV etc., Free channels - How do I access them ?

@Sco 

Some services have their own apps. Some services are included in other services, such as Sling TV, Philo, YouTube TV, etc.

Apps are in the Channel Store. On the Main Menu, it says "Streaming Channels" to access that area.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Sco
Channel Surfer

Tried that but they're not there.  Thanks though.                                                                                                                                                                                                                    m

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Sco 

If they don't make an app for Roku, you'll need to access them via a service that carries them.

Heroes & Icons is included with Sling TV Blue with Hollywood Extra.

The others aren't carried directly by any service. However ...

Some live streaming services carry local channels, and many of these are the primary content source for local channels. However, few streaming services carry these.

I don't get H&I here, but MeTV is available over the air, as is Ion, in the list you provided. I get others over the air, but they aren't available streaming.

You probably need an antenna to get those that are not included in a local streaming package (Hulu+Live TV, YouTube TV, Fubo, DirecTV Stream, etc).

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Sco
Channel Surfer

Thanks.  I don't have or desire cable.                                                                                                                                                                    

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Sco 

As I said, an antenna will likely be the only way to get those services you're after. You just have to find which local station (if any) carries what service. Depends of where you are if you can get them. Of the four you mentioned, my local channels carry two of them (MeTV, Ion). Now, I get 25 channels at my location, so I get a variety of other channels besides the ones you mentioned. You may find similar results. You may also find some work instead of others. For example, the content on MeTV is similar to what you'll find on Antenna TV. I have both, but if I only had one or the other, it wouldn't make that much difference.

DBDukes

0 Kudos