Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rumor69
Binge Watcher

Got 4th Roku to added to the 3 we have - 4802x - Keeps Locking and Factory resetting

I have 3 2020 rokus, all working fine. Bought a 4th - 4802x - it works for a few days/weeks even, but then randomly locks up and then factory resets requiring email activation/etc. Not sure what else to do here....anyone else have this? Ideas? WIFI connection on all of them. My other 3 are working fine.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Got 4th Roku to added to the 3 we have - 4802x - Keeps Locking and Factory resetting

To be honest, it sounds like a faulty device that you may just want to return.

Is it always the same channel/app where this lockup occurs?

Are you other 3 "2020" Rokus also Ultras (4800)?  You can try swapping things around like the power adapters, cables, and TVs to see if it still happens.  You might want to label everything before you do.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Rumor69
Binge Watcher

Re: Got 4th Roku to added to the 3 we have - 4802x - Keeps Locking and Factory resetting

I dont think its always the same channel  - last time is happened was on the fish screen saver. Sadly its outside the return window on amazon - got it in august - sat in a box til late sept - . Its also the first one I have with the rechargeable remote.

Not sure if it still qualifies for a return? Maybe bad internal ram or something would make the most sense.

My others are 4800x and a model lower (4660).

AND most importantly - thank you for replying!

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Roku's warranty is one year, but I believe you have to pay return postage.  You can see the process here:

Step-by-step instructions for returns and warranty replacements | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos