Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lusanches
Reel Rookie

Google Play button at remote control

Is that possible to change the shortcut button google play at remote control for any other channel in roku express?

Now when I press the google play button the channel doesn’t work because it is closed, so it’s not useful 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Google Play button at remote control

@Lusanches 

No you can't change those.  Count yourself lucky, I'm waiting for all my shortcut buttons to go out of business to get the button behavior you are describing.  

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
ChippyTech
Streaming Star

Re: Google Play button at remote control

Roku remotes have fixed button behavior, which means that each button on the remote is programmed to perform a specific function and cannot be changed. This is done to ensure that the remote is easy to use and that users can quickly access the features they need. For example, the home button always takes you to the home screen, the back button always takes you back to the previous screen, and the options button always brings up a menu of options for the current screen.

However, some newer Roku models allow you to customize the layout of the home screen and create shortcuts to your favorite channels and apps. This can help you access the content you want more quickly and easily. Additionally, some third-party remote control apps may allow you to customize the button behavior on your Roku device, although this will depend on the specific app and the features it offers.

0 Kudos