Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hayleym16

Factory reset Roku device "unable to send email"

We have two older Rokus, probably 6 years old but have never had issues with either of them. Since yesterday both won’t launch any apps besides Netflix, when I click HBO it says unable to authenticate device and all other says it’s a connectivity issue. I know our Wi-Fi is working fine and like I said our Netflix channel launches just fine. I’ve just deleting and downloading the apps again, I’ve tried system reboots multiple times, Ive restarted our Wi-Fi modem, I’ve tried updating channels and Roku software and nothing works. Finally I did a factory reset on one of them and now when trying to set up my activation email it immediately says “unable to send email” …ugh someone please help me. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Factory reset Roku device "unable to send email"

@hayleym16

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that factory resetting your Roku device should be a last resort when troubleshooting issues on your Roku device.

Since you're currently having issue activating your Roku device, have you tried connecting your Roku device to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can activate your Roku device? Then once your Roku device is activated, trying to re-connect to your home wireless network?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sueleskiw

I have been unable to get an activation code from Roku. It keeps telling me that it can't reach me by email. I've spent 3+ hours with 4 different Customer Service Reps. Two of them told me to try using a mobile hot spot (which I have through Verizon on my iPhone) but were unwilling to walk me through the procedure. The last one actually hung up on me after saying try a mobile hot spot. I have not ever used my hot spot, so need help.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Do you have an Android or Apple phone? The procedure is a little different on each, but on Android you go into Settings then Connections and look for "Mobile Hotspot and Tethering". That's where you enable it. You don't say what model number of Roku device you have, but some only support 2.4GHz, so ensure the "Band" is set to 2.4GHz. Take note of the "Network name" and Password and then when you scan for Wi-Fi networks on your Roku connect to that network.

The procedure should be similar on an Apple phone.

Post back if you need more help. I don't know if it will solve the not receiving email problem, but good luck!

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos